- 6.2.1 Environmental concerns and ethical issues as both opportunities and constraints for businesses:
- How business activity can impact on the environment
- The concept of externalities: possible external costs and external benefits of business decisions.
- Sustainable development and how business activity can contribute
- The role of legal controls over business activity affecting the environment
- Ethical issues a business might face: conflicts between profits and ethics
- How business might react and respond to ethical issues, e.g. child labour
Can business have a conscience? Can business be a force for good in the world or will companies always prioritise making profit over people and the environment? We examine these dilemmas from the perspective of business in environmental and ethical issues.
You may be asked question like this:
|Past Paper Question Example
Paper 1 (e) Do you think that large manufacturing businesses should be concerned about ethical issues such as child labour? Justify your answer 
6.2.1 Environmental concerns and ethical issues as both opportunities and constraints for businesses:
How business activity can impact on the environment
Business Activity, like all human activity, has a massive impact on the environment.
Pollution from factories and the products can pollute the air and water.
"Come on in!"
Already a member? Log in below: